Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can't Imagine in a Different Uniform

Just heard the news that Albert Pujols is leaving St. Louis to join the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.  Part of me doesn't mind sticking it to the Cards' since they throttled our Tigers in 2006.  However, the traditionalist in me doesn't like to see an icon leave the place where he won 2 World Series championships and laid the foundation for a future Hall of Fame induction.  I am glad Steve Yzerman never left or was traded (almost happened; remember Alexei Yahsin?), Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker retired as Tigers, and Cal Ripken stayed in Baltimore.   

So since I am on the topic, here are the players in sports I do NOT want to see leave their current teams, like the player or not:

Tom Brady-No Patriots dynasty without him.
Ray Lewis-I think defense with the Ravens, and that means Ray Lewis.
Derek Jeter-Yankee for life.
Dirk Nowitzki-Ok, in truth I could care less about the NBA, but threw one in for my NBA friends.
Justin Verlander-Obviously.  I wouldn't care if any other Tiger were gone.  Even Cabrera.

Off to clean the house.  I am sure there are more that I can't think of.  Fill in the blanks for me.  

Brian

2 comments: