Tuesday, July 26, 2011

7 on 7's and Greatest Sports Memories

Christian Davis of the C & G Newspapers just wrote a pretty neat article about summer passing leagues.  As this is my 2nd year as a head coach going through it, I can honestly say I hate them. 

I can't stand dealing with coaches who are putting in things they will not do in the regular season.  True, they may just be trying some things out before deciding to install them in practice.  But I believe the majority of them don't do it that way.

Case in point, we threw last night against two other schools.  One did everything they would do during the season, no brainer.  The other school did not.  The school is in Pro I often during the year according to my friend on the staff.  So why were they in Ace Gun last night?  Who knows.

The other problem I had with them is when they were on defense.  They kept ZERO LB's  in the box.  None.  Now if you play that way in a game fine, but I doubt it.  What team wouldn't run the ball there?  They played that way knowing they wouldn't play it like that during the season.  How does that make there kids better?  Pisses me off.

Lastly, give me your top 3 best sports memories.  It could be watching it on TV, in person, etc. Mine are:

1. 2006 ALCS Maggs walk off homer to go to WS.  In person.
2. 1997 Red Wings Stanley Cup championship.  Non in person.
3. 1999 Michigan State football game at Notre Dame.  Great place to see a game.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment